Hey friends! Welcome back. Today's episode is an extra special BONUS episode with three reasons you're lacking motivation and how the heck to overcome it. Some of the things we cover:
1. )You're overwhelmed, either by too many options or too many items on the to-do list.
- Choose one goal to go all in on. Pick the thing that will have the most impact on the rest of your goals.
- Choose three things the night before to get done the next day and choose them wisely. Slow progress is still progress.
- Only choose one thing that feels tedious and time consuming. If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning.
- Action creates clarity.
2. You're not aligned with your goal.
- Be honest and authentic with yourself. What is your actual mission? Why is this your goal? If you're not inspired by it, you won't keep going.
- Make sure your goal is soul rattling! That hunger will move mountains.
3a. Your goals are too big.
- You feel like you have all the time in the world because "one day" you'll be the person that can accomplish that big goal. Break the goal down into small, achievable pieces.
If your goal is to make $10 million dollars, but you've never made $100k, start there!
Then the goal is too big, it feels too overwhelming and distant. Breaking it into smaller pieces helps it come into focus.
3b. Your goals are too small.
- You feel like it's so easy to accomplish it that you have all the time in the world. You need to go bigger!
If your goal is to make an impact on 100 women in the next year but you regularly talk to 5 people a month, you'll know you've pretty much got 60 in the bag already. Then, you'll waste time until the last few months and then feel overwhelmed with those last 40 in the last few months.
Go bigger. Say 200 women and get that ball rolling today!
People underestimate how much they can accomplish in 10 years, but overestimate what they can do in a day or week.
What tips do you have for overcoming a lack of motivation?
And if you need help overcoming yours or need some direction with your goals, I've got a 6 week 1-on-1 program where we tackle all these things! You get weekly coaching calls and full access to me via voxer between calls for anything that comes up. Let's work together to build your legacy. PM me for deets.
Find me: Take the Audacity Quotient quiz: http://bit.ly/audacityquotient
Find me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/livewithaudacitynow/